[Re: painting my Gti (rabbit) need opinions]

I've always had a fondness for a deep shiny black with some mother of pearl highlighting.  See purple and other colors under diff lights/angles.

But if I repaint, I'll have to go with the original color on mine.

Although, I also lust after a nice pearly white with purple hints...

Mike

Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
Hmmm, tough call. Colibri green or blue pearl. Do one of each...
Seriously, I wonder what (not bass boat large, but sparkly) gold metallic
flake would look like with Colibri green? Maybe a few smaller blue flakes
thrown in to add complexity? (can you tell I just saw this at the track? It
was gorgeous) You don't even want to know what colour I'm lusting
after...(that's not it BTW)
Cathy
1987 16V Factory Arctic blue metallic, now blue pearl over silver (the
headache)
1979 "non-S", Colibri green (Klaus)

"Jeff Southerland" wrote:
> How about Colibri (sp?) Green?
> http://home.attbi.com/~jsoutherland16/wsb/media/115630/site1025.JPG
> Jeff

VW
> had some nice silvers but I don;t know the names of them and also porsche
> had some pretty cool silvers also. Any ideas or pics someone could show
me?
> My plan is to add some frost blue pearlesent so the clearcoat over top of
> the silver base as I am painting it in base/clear. I was also thinking of
> putting ghost flames on it ie. just frost blue pearlesent flames in the
> clearcoat with the rest just being silver. I figure you'd aonly be able to
> see the flames in certain lights/angles and it would be subtle but focken
> sweet. Whaddya think? Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ryan

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source