Anyone have Passat Auto-tranny knowledge

I am really getting annoyed with two problems I have with my 90 Passat
Automatic.

Problem 1:
Ever since I had the car the throttle position has not been getting to the
transmission so it has always defaulted to its safe mode and shifts at set
speeds.  Since almost all of my driving with this car is on the highway it
is not a big deal, but it really makes the car gutless between stop-lights.
Does anyone have a schematic of how the throttle position gets from the
throttle body to the tranny?

Problem 2:
When I shift the car into reverse it takes 30 - 60 seconds for the tranny to
shift.  What is the deal here?  Is the system vacuum operated?  This only
occurs going into reverse, Drive is fine!

Michael Leach
MH-60R Integration and Test
Lockheed Martin Federal Systems
Owego, NY 13827