  From: Ryan Ruggles
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 5:16 PM
  Subject: painting my Gti (rabbit) need opinions

  I am painting my Gti myself and I have some questions about paint color.  I want to paint it silver.  I want a bright mettalic siliver. I know that VW had some nice silvers but I don;t know the names of them and also porsche had some pretty cool silvers also.  Any ideas or pics someone could show me?  My plan is to add some frost blue pearlesent so the clearcoat over top of the silver base as I am painting it in base/clear.  I was also thinking of putting ghost flames on it ie. just frost blue pearlesent flames in the clearcoat with the rest just being silver.  I figure you'd aonly be able to see the flames in certain lights/angles and it would be subtle but focken sweet. Whaddya think? Any ideas would be appreciated.

  Cheers

  Ryan