What's the free Length of stock S1 springs?

Hey all,

What's the free length of stock S1 springs? I've been looking all over for
this info, probably in all the wrong places. Bentley says 15 5/16, is that
for front and back? Anyway I'm getting to the point of researching race
springs and hopefully I'll get them next month. I'm looking for rates around
the 300-400lb area and a drop of no more than 2", 1.5" would be ideal.

Actually, if someone can point me in the direction of a good VW spring spec
sheet it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom C
'79 "The Project" Scirocco