  From: Marko
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 7:56 AM
  Subject: is this the ignition ???

  On my 8V the starter keeps spinning sometimes. Its
  happens more often now. You gotta jump up and
  disconnect a battery cable to stop it or it will drain
  the batt down. I changed starters so its probably not
  that. The bendix is not engaging the flywheel, but the
  starter is spinning inside like crazy.

  Potterman has ignition switches ?
  They are cheap and easy to install ?

  thanks for the help with the temp light blinking on
  the 16V, I clean off the sensor in the overfill tank
  and it went away.

  Marko

  =====
  87 Scirocco 8v