Stalling after shifting, while slowing to idle in gear.

My mk2 did the exact same thing. It was because the idle was too low. I cranked the idle up to about 1000rpms and no problems. That car has the 'self-adjsuting idle screw' mod, where it tightens over time so as soon as idle gets around 700rpm, whenever I coast to a stop light or something, it dies.

Dan

rhys <sik8v@netscape.net> wrote:

Alright, this has gone on lone enough.

The car ('84 rocco, 1.8 CIS) just dies after shifting. It used to be
only if i used the gas and clutch at the same time to shift smoothly or
during hard shifting, but now it does it all the time as you use the gas
after a shift. It also stalls if you bring the car down to idle while
still in gear (wayyyyy before it should stall in gear). It doesnt cut
out or hesitate during acceleration in between shifts, and it has no
symptoms while starting from a dead stop.

I've replaced the fuel pumps, so its not them for sure.

What else could it possibly be? Ignition?

Thanks for any input...please help,
Rhys