engine swap shops -South Jersey

A MK1 is fun to drive all the time.  I'm sure there will be many, including me, that think you should find a way to do the work yourself.  I wouldn't pay someone to do the brake conversion.  You should be able to save a little that way.  If the $5k included a tranny with a bolt kit and new seals, a low mileage ABA with a knock sensor, all new shifter stuff and the 16v brake conversion, then the price is not too evil.  On the other hand, you could get a JH short block for next to nothing, buy a 020 5 speed, spend some money on a p&p head, 4-2 manifold and nice exhaust, and just vented rotors.  That might save you about $2k.
Hello all.
This autumn, I plan on getting the 1.6L (does not run) replaced with
whatever engine combo you suggest will make this stock 1979 Scirocco quick
and fun to drive. I live in southern New Jersey, USA. Does anyone know of
someONE or a some experienced reputable shop in my area that can help me
with the following situation??

I thought it may be easier to  start by buying  someone else's  project for
sale, but this car I recently purchased has 35,000 original miles on it and
, besides  some minor collision damage, requires no restoration work (no
rust), near perfect interior. The car is like a time capsule. New German
Performance quoted me a $4-$5K fr a complete A3 2.0L ABA motor conversion
(intake, e.c.u., 5 speed trans, clutch, 16v scirocco brakes). In reality I
can expect this quote to go over budget by maybe one thousand dollars...Then
what about all the fun stuff.. wheels, suspension , accessories.. $$$$$$$ !!
As Scott Williams told me, $5000 for 115 HP is not worth it.

What should I do with this car?

Eric L