OT: HTML idiot needs help hosting pix

Ok - I purchased the domain (validpath.com), have got is hosted, started using Dreamweaver 4, was able to upload images to my site, but now I can't figure out how to view them through the browser interface. Do I have to setup an actual page with the photos laid out to accomplish this?

I've often seen simple archives where the image files are listed under a "parent directory" (Scott Williams and Salty-weasel come to mind as the most recent.)

I'm definitely going to be into learning the site construction aspect, but isn't there a quick and dirty to allow access to my files. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance!  Jeff