Damn cheap clutch cable!! Grrrr!!

  What a way to ruin a weekend!! Just as I was thinking that it felt about
time to adjust the clutch cable since the engine swap, the clutch pedal went
straight to the floor. Great. Pull off into a parking lot, look things over, and
the cable has cut it's way through the casing just above the adjuster.
Fortunately all the parts stores are on my way home as I limp it in, too bad the
earliest I can get one is Monday. What is it with VW making these things out of
cheap, thin plastic around the steel cable?!?!
  There's one or two import places in the happy little AZ town o' Sierra
Vista. I'll give them a call tomorrow but I doubt anyone will be open.
   Salvage yards are few and far between out here it seems, so much for
picking up a used one to get by with.
  Ironically, I was going to order a spare to carry along  from Potterman
next week...

Carl
77 rocco (continuing the love-hate obsession with each other)
03 Vue (was an Ion, I'm told it's quite nice....ack)