wasn't there a way to tell externally if you have a quaife?

pull of to the side of the road with one tire on the road and drop the
clutch at 7000 rpm.  if u leave rubber on the road u have an LSD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Toomasson" <jtoomasson@yahoo.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 3:33 PM
Subject: wasn't there a way to tell externally if you have a quaife?

While I'm pretty sure it doesn't have one, the rebuilt 2Y in my mk1 grabs
better than any VW tranny I've ever driven. If, by chance, it does have a Q,
I'm definitely want to yank it before I sell it. So, I just want to make
sure....

IIRC, it was just simply putting the front end in the air and putting it
into gear - the wheels should spin a certain way, right?

Thanks in advance, JT