Need quick help, please!

Ok - I found this yesterday:

http://www.craigslist.org/nby/car/13068909.html

He says that it has 75k on it. So, I arrange for the guy to deliver it
to my house for an extra $25 (160-mile round trip). With that in mind,
it's definitely a sweet deal.

I told him yesterday that I'd like to turn it over hand in person just
to verify that it was in working order. He calls me up before he's
about to leave saying he wanted to verify it would turn over for himself
before he drove it all the way here (fair enough). But he couldn't get it
to turn.  He tells me that considering it won't turn and that he just
wants to get rid of it, he's willing to drop the price another $100! (and he wasn't sneaky about it either...)

Would it be normal for an engine to be stiff after sitting for 6 months
with no oil (in a storage unit, plugs installed)?  I mean, the way I
figure it, unless the damn block's got a hole in it, it's worth it
regardless with the new price.

BTW - the guy seems nice on the phone, relatively articulate and seems
to know a decent amount about VWs...and HE'S ON HIS WAY OVER!  :)

thanks in advance!  JT