[Re: [Re: coolant line question]]

Yeah, and remember I have that "generous" engine bay on the other car, it has
the huge clamps and barely clearance for your hand, much less any sort of tool
with any leverage. Just changing headlights is a huge problem. And to get the
air charge hoses off on it, you need the 12" channel locks to get around the
clamps, there is just no space. And I have considerable experience with the
deformation issues of gear clamps, I just hate clamps, period. We'll see what
Princess will do for me, I'll likely cheap out, especially if the hose costs
more than the &!(@&#! car deserves.
Cathy, the adventure continues, expect cursing, and lots of it.

Drew MacPherson <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Natch on that - if you're getting the tool, keep the clamps.  They're
> fast, easy to work with, don't strip over, and don't have to be tightened
> every time the temp dips below -10C the way gear clamps do to avoid
> leakage.  On top of that, they don't deform the hell out of the hose like
> gear clamps either.
>
> I don't have the fancy tool - I just use vice grips, and I'll actually
> replace gear clamps with the factory spring clamps when I'm working on a
> car, for the reasons listed above.
>
> My $0.02.
>

> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Allyn wrote:
>
> > spring clamp tool???
> > sure, it might be nice and all, but if you're gonna go through the
trouble
> > of replacing that pipe, you might as well replace those spring clamps as
> > well (with 'normal' ones, that is).
> > Al

Post
> > really