Fast opinions about; was Re: Turbo vs. Supercharger.

Maybe it wasn't clear that I was kidding in my previous response.
I was kidding!

But, I'm not now.
There is nothing inherently "quick/dirty" about a turbo installation!
(bearing in mind that there is always somebody that can make a shambles of
things) And turning the boost up, although seemingly easy, isn't easy unless
you've done all the work to allow your engine to except the higher boost.
There is nothing inherently "class/style" about a supercharger installation.
How is a set of brackets (especially if they're cut out of rusty steel
plates with a torch!) and a drive belt classier than a well designed exhaust
manifold? Cause when you get down to it, aside from the turbo or super
itself, that's the difference in the installation!
The two methods of forced induction produce two entirely different
power/resonse curves. Choose which you prefer. From my perspective (as a
mechanical engineer) neither is more difficult to implement than the other.
You are, of course, welcome to your opinion. Just don't confuse it with
being anything but an opinion.
Dan
just stating MY opinion!