Help me slide my Scirocco better...

I don't know of a cheap and easy way to do it, but maybe you can look into Wheel Speed Sensors... I'm sure they give off a variable voltage when the wheel is spinning, then no voltage when it's stopped, so hook it up to the ground of your LED and hook the LED power wire to the fusebox.  But of course, then it would light whenever the car is stopped.  I could be wrong, it might give voltage only when the wheel is locked.  Either way, it could work.