Sirio CB/AM/FM/CELL(900) Fuba Style Antenna

A transmitter antenna must be wave lenght matched. Meaning that the full
wave frequency for a 27 Mhz radio (cb) is 16.52 feet (both sides + & - of
the sinusiodal waveform). Divisors of lenght are allowed but in even steps
only. Mismatch the antenna and the forward moving wave (energy) can be
reflected back to the transmitter and burn out the output stage.
Therefore 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 wave antennas are good. Either that or extra wire is
added to balance the load at either the base or in the middle of the
antenna, and to fine tune the antenna a matcher (SWR) is added in line.
I didn't see this antenna matching the correct frequency for a CB. Maybe the
hand held FM jobs on 900 mhz, but not 27Mhz.
Sorry boys

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer