De : scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]De la part de Drew MacPherson
Envoye : 27 janvier, 2003 20:52
A : Sebastian Liberona
Cc : scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Objet : Re: [Re: Man it's Bloody Cold!]

Including windchill when moaning about a temperature is something only
Americans do - what's wrong with you man? (Admittedly windchill WAS a
Canadian invention)

Unfortunately for us, and lucky for you, my Edmonton friend, when it gets
this cold here relative humidity is still generally in excess of 50% -
which makes for that DAMP cold that chills to the bone.  One of the side
effects of living in the shadows of the Great Lakes that you wouldn't know
about out west... :)  Cathy's a stone's throw from Lake Erie's north
shore.  I'm not so lucky, being caught roughly equidistant between Lake
Huron and Georgian Bay.

At -29 C this morning 10W30 was about the consistency of vaseline.

I'm hoping for a warming trend, even if it does mean a return to white-out
conditions and even MORE snow.

Drew (84 TD Scirocco resting in the shed, waiting for spring)