UpShift light acting funny

Actually, this isn't a upshift light, but more a optimal fuel consumption
light!
That mean, it will light if the fuel comsumption is optimal, if you press the
accelerator then the comsumption isn't optimal and the light goes off, the same
if you release the accelerator.. This light will turn on only if your rpm os
about over 2000, and that you are at a constant speed... It is actually
controlled by a vacuum line connected to the trottle...

Hope this help to clarify,
Joel