  From: Robbie Cotner=20
  To: Jeff Southerland=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 2:30 PM
  Subject: Re: New to list: Kinda Long

  I have heard only good things about Eastwood.  Also, why do you want =
an FO tranny?  For performance you should almost definately go with a 4K =
or 2H.  HTH,=20

  Rob=20

   Jeff Southerland <jsoutherland16@attbi.com> wrote:=20

    Thanks for all the responses, and no new info on the seat situation.

    I was thinking of powder coating the calipers, but as I understand =
you would
    need to rebuild the calipers afterwards. I have never rebuilt =
calipers, and
    don't know about kits and part sources. It wouldn't hurt to build =
them
    anyway, for longevity. I did see some nifty stuff here for the =
rotors, and
    they also have caliper paints.
    =
http://64.4.16.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=3DEN&lah=3Da019d4ca976975f543eba5=
e5d0c45
    =
cbc&lat=3D1043519238&hm___action=3Dhttp%3a%2f%2femail%2eeastwoodco%2ecom%=
2fUM%2f
    T%2eASP%3fA5%2e16%2e15%2e4%2e194598
    I didn't want to rattle can the calipers, as I plan on keeping this =
car for
    a very long time. And the FLAPS rattle cans say "for best results =
heat to
    400* for x hours".

    The squareness issue is just that, ABA vs 3A. I want to build a =
motor, and
    was wondering about weight between the two blocks, as weight and F/R =
balance
    is a major issue for me, and what real world differences do the =
stroke vs
    bore issues make. I will be building from scratch, so everything is =
    consideration, and ideas are welcome.

    A new issue is exhaust size, I want to upgrade the current stock =
size,1.6
    engine, but don't want to lose too much bottom end. I also want to =
be
    prepared for the upcoming larger engine size. I thought about 2.25 =
with a
    more restrictive muffler, for the 1.6. Later with the new engine, =
install
    new muffler, then only eating the muffler cost and not two exhausts.

    I have looked for this tranny code, with no luck, anyone enlighten =
me? "FO
    20029"

    Thanks for the time Jeff