so what rocco did you have first?? mk1 or mk2?????

--=======22DC5E04=======

At 10:41 PM 1/22/03 -0500, Kabal308@aol.com wrote:

>It was my understanding that Guigaro came to VW in the mid to late 70's
>with essencially the same design as what came to be the impulse (i.e.
>sharper in its lines than the MK2). Vw looked at it and decided that  the
>lines of his design were a little to crisp and did and in house version of
>it to make it more "german" looking and thus the MK2 was born. I remeber
>this from a website but I'm not sure which one.  As far as the topic at
>hand, My first car was an '83 w/ the leather/power/sunroof package. I
>loved then and I love it still although it is long since gone. As far
>being a performance car, well it did get a 105 mph speeding ticket.
>
>Brandon H
>Kabal308@aol.com

VW went to Guigarao in the 70's and had him design the Scirocco and
Rabbit.  Then when it was time to consider a replacement they had 5 designs
submitted.  I believe 2 were inhouse designs and 3 outside.  Herbert
Schaeffer's (sp?) inhouse design was the winner.

John