rant: need some words of encouragement

--0-11406771-1043294246=:19350

hey guys,
     my car (1987 16v) is f*&#ing up alot and making me very depressed lately.  i tried to be nice and remove the a/c compressor, but then the idle sat at 2000 and the car chugged gas (this problem still isnt entirely fixed, i could use a fuel mixture expert).  then i tried to be nice and put in new control arms with poly buyshings and new ball joints, but the car wouldnt let me put one on and i had to have it towed to a mechanic and they charged 90 plus towing to put it in.  now i finally got the control arms right and the transmission (which was just resealed put in less than 500 miles ago) left half a quart of gear oil in my friends driveway.  it seems like for every dollar i try to put in the car to make it better, she wants 2 more just to get back to normal running condition.  it is very depressing but i really dont want to give up after we've been through so much.  at this point, any words of encouragement or advice would be very much appreciated.

thanx,
-tony

1987 2 or 3 tone 16v scirocco