alt. belt

my alternator belt had been squealing pretty bad so iwent ahead and
replaced. after replacement it still squealed the next night. i tried to
adjust it thinking maybe it was too loose/tight but that didn't cure the
problem either. it seems to only be squealing when i have the lights and
heater on at the same time. is this vw's way of telling me i need a new
alternator, or am i maybe missing something else that could be causing the
belt squeal? this squealing startin' to drive me nuts!
tia
   hit
btw- i alomst forgot, the pulleys are fine!

So Sayeth The Hitman
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco
'91 passat gl "the green hell"
<http://www.techography.net:82/brettsgarage>