1.8T swap

A $5 computer chip...  $500.
An extra 50 hp & 80 lb-ft...  priceless.

I have an A4 1.8T w/ a GIAC chip.  Yahoo!

BTW, the current A4s have 170 hp, the TTs have 180 hp as does the New
Beetle Turbo S.  All this out of the box and huge, cheap tuning
potential.

I'm new to the list.  I recent purchased an '85 Scirocco - pretty much
stock.  I've been starting to think about what to do to increase the
power.  I'm really interested in a torquey motor.  My first thought was
a 1.8T swap.  My biggest concern is the cost.  Personally, I don't
think I need THAT much power in a Scirocco (did I just say that?).

Can someone give a newbie a rundown as to what the most cost-effective
upgrades are for a stock 8v Scirocco?

Thanks!
Matthew