From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Brett Van Sprewenburg
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 10:23 PM
To: Drew Gilbert
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Some info 'bout me

>I'm located in CT right outside of Hartford.  The car is flash
>silver, and I'm putting a 2.0 16v in it, along with 50mm, schricks,
>fuel enrichment, etc.  On vortex I'm veedubbin16v, been hanging
>around there for a year or so now.  Currently a sophmore at
>CCSU...quick question for everyone.  Bottom line, best clutch set-up
>from your personal experiences.  Sorry if this has been beaten to
>death between you guys already, cause I know it has been on
>vortex...but I guess not enough if I still have un-answered
>questions.  Thanks for all your help and I look forward meeting you
>guys at the upcoming shows.
>
>Drew Gilbert

My engine makes 175ish and the clutch combo I have works well.  I run
the _real_ 2L 16v
clutch disc, which may be NLA as it was superceeded by the wimpy 2L
8v A3 / ABA unit and
a Sachs Sport pressure plate.  I think it's my upgraded pressure
plate that makes the
whole thing work well.  The disc might be available from
parts4vws.com, and the PP definitely
is.  I'd run that plate again, no doubts.  Good modulation, grabby
enough to spin my heavy
rims, and heavy enough under your foot to know it's not stock.

==Brett

--
  \/  `87 Scirocco 2.0t project | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v,  '84 Scirocco ITB racer project | - brett@netacc.net