Nylon speedo gear

Hi Folks;
    I assume that most of you know this but I just knew that there was more
than one speedo drive that fit in the 020 tranny's.
My speedo was about 8 or 9 miles fast in my 79 Scirocco with it's modified
9A tranny  ( a 6 speed by V/L of Hillsboro Oregon ) with a 3.89 final and a
.71 sixth gear. I pulled the speedo cable and it had a tan ( natural ) end
with 16 teeth. The only other color I could find was a red one with 15 teeth
from an 85 Golf I installed it and now my Speedo is 15 miles fast. My local
( Hanson Motors Olympia WA ) VW dealer found a 17 tooth green one on their
screen and ordered one for me. If all goes well Tuesday afternoon my Speedo
should be somewhere close to correct.
Brian Decker
1979 Scirocco
1981 Rabbit turbo diesel pickup