front crossmember brace

> Isn't Neal working on one of these as well?

Yup. Though I have to admit that my project isn't 100% yet either. We've all
waited a long time for a project/product that has never materialized, so I
wouldn't blame anyone for going their own route. I hold no grudge against
Toby if he goes his own way and/or offers them to the list.

However, it is looking very good for my project for both Mk1 and Mk2,
particularly for the Mk1 bars, which look to be easier to fit. The number of
people who have said they will buy one has been very encouraging, which just
improves the liklihood that this will happen.

I have a few small details to work out regarding the source for the raw
materials, and I also need to finish the wooden models for both designs to
make sure they actually fit and can be installed without removing the
engine. :) The basic design, tooling requirements, and material selection
are pretty much complete.

I'm probably going to be a week or two behind my earlier estimate of being
ready to take deposits in mid-January, mostly because my own engine swap is
still not *quite* done. You'll have to forgive me because my first national
SCCA events are in February and I must have the car ready for them! I
absolutely refuse to commit 100% to the project or take deposits on the bars
until I know 100% that I can spend the time to get them done...it's the only
way to be fair to all of us. That's why I can't blame anyone for going their
own way!

Neal