[Re: Question for all those with a 16v 2.0 block and 16v 1.8 head]

"Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com> wrote:
The 2.0L head flows better than the 1.8L head in it's stock form.  You go=
that backwards.  I don't know how many times the link to the TT flow test=

site has been put up here on the list but it shows without a shadow of a
doubt that the 2.0L head flows better than the 1.8L head.  And, with the
2.0L head being just plain newer than the 1.8L head, the 2.0L head is a
better choice you don't have to worry as much about the tensioner stud
pulling out or the cam bearings being worn so much, etc.  And this is
without even mentioning the fact that the 2.0L head has more material for=

porting than the 1.8L head.  See, even though the 2.0L head has smaller
intake ports it depends on how it is ported not necessarily how big but i=
does have larger exhaust ports so overall the 2.0L head flows better.  So=
 if
you find a 2.0L 16v tallblock somewhere, just slam the whole thing into y=
our
car and swap the manifolds.

I wonder how this whole 1.8 is better than 2.0 thing got started?  Maybe
someone who ain't into 16v.  Hmmmmmmmm,  MEZE?????

HTH!!

Dave