Still need help (Re: Gas Tank Recall HELP!!!)

Ok...

I called the dealer, and VWoA. Neither will look up any recall=
 stuff without my VIN. Neither of them find this recall for my=
 car even though my VIN is within the VIN range given! ARGH!

So, what now? I can't afford to replace the tank on my own. I=
 don't want to replace the tank on my own. Does anyone here work=
 at a dealer, or know someone at a dealer really well that can=
 help me out? I'm really pissed right now and would like drive my=
 flaming scirocco into VWoA's headquarters.

Thanks if you can help.
Joshua

Here is the full recall notice..
-RGK-

December 1991

Subject: Recall Campaign RS

1987-1990 Volkswagen Cabriolet and
1987/1988 Scirocco Vehicles

Check and if required Replace Fuel Tank

Dear Volkswagen Dealer
This is to notify you of a recall campaign involving 1987 through=
 1989 and
some early production 1990 model Volkswagen Cabriolet vehicles=
 and
1987/1988 model Volkswagen Scirocco vehicles. The vehicles=
 affected are
within the following vehicle identification number ranges:

Cabriolet WVWCA015_HK000001 - WVWCA015_LK000678
Scirocco WVWC_053_HK000001 - WVWC_053_JK009034

Defect Description
It is possible that in some instances the fuel tank could develop=
hairline crack adjacent to a small section of a seam weld at the=
 left rear
of the tank.

Remedial Action
All fuel tanks of the affected vehicles are to be pressure tested=
 with a
special test tool No US 2901 to determine the necessity of a fuel=
 tank
replacement. Customer Notification
Volkswagen United States, Inc. will commence notification of all=
 known
owners of affected vehicles directly by first class mail on or=
 about
December 31, 1991. A copy of each owner notification letter is=
 enclosed for
your information. Vehicle Allocation Information
Prior to notifying owners, we will furnish you with a computer=
 printed list
of vehicles including names and addresses of owners, where=
 available,
residing within your area of influence. This list may be used to=
 schedule
your workload and necessary parts inventory. Vehicle Inventory=
 (Used Cars)
All vehicles in your used car inventory which are affected by=
 this recall
must be checked and, if necessary, corrected prior to resale.=
 Part
Inventory Requirements
A replacement tank is not required for every vehicle; therefore,=
 only a
limited supply of replacement tanks will be shipped to your=
 dealership. It
is, therefore, important that upon the use of an initially=
 supplied fuel
tank, you immediately order a replacement from your respective=
 warehouse.
It is imperative that you have a fuel tank including associated=
 parts
available for immediate installation, if needed, anytime you=
 perform the
test procedure on a vehicle. Repair Instructions
Included in this notification are detailed test and repair=
 instructions. We
request that your technicians closely adhere to these procedures=
 including
all notes of caution.

Part Ordering Requirements (Tank Replacement)
Quantity Description Part Number
1 Fuel Tank Kit 155 201 072 (includes sending unit and fuel=
 pump)
1 Heat Shield 133 201 281
1 Gravity Valve 133 201 753
1 Felt Kit 133 298 121
2 Clamp, Vacuum Hose N 024 528.1
2 Clamp, Fuel Hose N 024 122.2
2 Clamp, Filler Neck Hose N 024 507.4
1 Slix D 200 201
1 Magnaflux Kit D 700 000
1 Brake Fluid ZVW 239 102
1 Sealant D 003 500
1 Nut, Wheelhousing Cover 171 201 969
1 Clamp, Tank Vent Hose N 900 719 01

Part Requirements (Testing - no replacement necessary).
Quantity Description Part Number
1 Magnaflux Kit D 700 000
1 Gravity Valve 155 201 753
2 Clamp, Vacuum Hose N 024 528.1
1 Nut 171 201 969

Additional Parts
It is possible that during the replacement of the fuel tank,=
 additional
minor parts may have to be replaced. Therefore, we recommend that=
 you
maintain a small inventory of the following parts:
Quantity Description Part Number
1 Filler Neck Hose 533 201 219
2 Fuel Supply/Return Hose N 020 281.1

Work Procedure
All vehicles are to be checked and corrected, where necessary, in=

accordance with the details outlined in the video and the=
 enclosed work
procedure and booklet. Special Test Tool
A test tool, No. US 2091 (ordering No. TU530910020VOA), has been=
 specially
developed for this action. Prior to the initiation of this recall=
 one test
tool will be shipped to you, free of charge. The test tool will=
 remain the
property of Volkswagen of America, Inc. Should special=
 circumstances
dictate, the tool will return into VWoA's possession.
It is important that your personnel handle this tool with care. A=

replacement tool is costly and will have to be charged to your=
 dealership.

Time Allowance
The time required to perform the necessary work is stated on the=
 Data Entry
Procedure. Fuel Tank Disposal
Removed fuel tanks must be disposed of in accordance with the=
 enclosed
instructions, as well as in accordance with your local state and=
 federal
EPA regulations. Campaign Authorization
In accordance with campaign procedures, Volkswagen United States,=
 Inc. will
mail notification letters, including authorization forms, to all=
 known
owners. The latest customer and address information has been=
 obtained fro
state registrations for this recall action.
It is very important that if the customer does not present an=
 authorization
form, you confirm the open recall status before you commence work=
 by simply
accessing the V-Crest system or by contacting your Zone office
Reimbursement requests for duplicated recall work will not be=
 accepted.

Dealer Obligation
It is important that you schedule recall appointments with your=
 customers
on a priority basis. Please provide a copy of this communication=
 to every
person in your dealership who has recall related responsibilities=
 and
ensure that your technicians view the video information prior to=
 performing
the recall work.

Thank you for your cooperation.