Fan Switch Dead Again

A while ago I asked if any other lister had a problem with their fan
switches crapping out on them... I, for some unknown reason, seem to go
thru 1 or some times 2 a year and 5 days into this year I have a bad
switch. The low speed died on me Saturday after about 8 months of service.

This problem is not unique to my 16V, my 8V killed switches at about the
same rate,

What gives? There isn't much to this system so I can't figure out why these
switches keep failing on me.

-RGK-