Racing in San Diego

You guys have noise limits?  That must suck!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn c Meze" <skerocdriver@juno.com>
To: <jorel140@yahoo.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: Racing in San Diego

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 06:44:12 -0800 (PST) Jorel Jackson
<jorel140@yahoo.com> writes:
> They had this little piece on Fox News about legal
> racing in San Diego. It's a come as you are type
> thing. You pay an entry fee then you can go in and
> watch people race, or race yourself if you are
> challenged or challenge someone. Maybe this isn't such
> a new and innovative idea, but it seemed neat. It made
> me wonder if any of the San Diego listers have gone to this?

Its street legal drag racing at the SD Staduim. (1/8th mile.) if your 23
or younger you can do it. Nice catch eh. Anyone can go do a run but if
you want to compete you have to be 23 or younger.

They run it friday nights til midnight which is funny because when we
autox there we must be off the lot by 6pm or we risk loosing the site for
future events. The reason we must be off the lot is for noise. Uhh, and
drag racers dont have the same 94db requirements we do either. The
shitty.... I mean "city" can do whatever they want to do I guess.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -AS- #30  2002 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!