Radiator fan install & wiring help...

About using a relay: Isn't the Flex-a-Lite a single speed fan?    Or is the speed of the fan voltage dependant?  In the latter case, couldn't you just use both stock red wires to power the fan, and when it's in low speed mode, the Flex will only see X voltage from the low speed wire, then in high speed mode it sees Z (>X) voltage from the high speed wire.  This thinking is all because the stock wiring for the fan already is relayed this way.  Or am I thinking of this wrong?