Tall deck Block

The tall block aka ABA has the oil pump driven off the intermediate
shaft as Ron points out.
The 2.0L 8V in the MK IV (maybe not all of them, but shit, I don't know)
has an oil pump chain
driven, apparently,  off the nose of the crank. It doesn't even have an
intermediate shaft. Water
pump is mounted to the block and driven by the timing belt.
Those sick bastards! What were they thinking completely redesigning the
short block?
Dan