Won't Start

--0-2099194981-1046408806=:64245

Check your grounds!  Run a wire from the negative terminal straight to the starter, you'd be surprised what that can do-
Rob
 Tom Armstrong <twarmstrong@adelphia.net> wrote:I can't get my 87 16V to start!!  It sounds similar to a dead battery sound but it's not.   I zeroed in on the appropriate relay which seemed to be making the sound.  When I pulled it, it looked burnt out so I replaced it.  It's still doing the same thing.  Is it the solenoid?, starter?  Does anyone have any ideas? If you've run into this problem please let me know where to start looking... Tom

--0-2099194981-1046408806=:64245

<P>Check your grounds!&nbsp; Run a wire from the negative terminal straight to the starter, you'd be surprised what that can do-
<P>Rob
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Tom Armstrong &lt;twarmstrong@adelphia.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT size=2>I can't get my 87 16V to start!!&nbsp; It sounds similar to a dead battery sound but it's not.&nbsp;&nbsp; I zeroed in on the appropriate relay which seemed to be making the sound.&nbsp; When I pulled it, it looked burnt out so I replaced it.&nbsp; It's still doing the same thing.&nbsp; Is it the solenoid?, starter?&nbsp; Does anyone have any ideas?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>If you've run into this problem please let me know where to start looking...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
--0-2099194981-1046408806=:64245--