The End of my Scirocco days?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2DE91.1B7398E0

Here's my dielema.  I will be going back to college this fall and only want
to keep one vehicle.  Currently I'm driving the 84 scirocco daily and I'm
fixing up an 81 rabbit diesel.  Well, as much as I like the scirocco the
fact is that most of the benefits are leaning towards keeping the rabbit and
getting rid of the scirocco.  Reasons for this are that I fit much better in
the rabbit, its easier to work on, and the mk2's seem to have some issues
with build quality (cracking frames).  Also, I will be putting a turbo on
the diesel and even without that, the engine is pretty peppy for intown
driving, just the freeway speeds are slow.  The only benefit with the
scirocco is that its rare and pretty and I'm attached to it but frankly
being 6' 3" with an extra 2-3" of hair height makes it so I have be
pratically laying down to not have my head touch the roof.  This makes
controlling the car kind of tough because I'm not in the best position to
have any leverage at the wheel.  Also, I've been running it with no center
consol for half a year for much needed leg room!  Additionally, even though
my car's motor was rebuilt and I've put a lot of work into it, it still has
always had problems with rough idle and running rich.  The diesel is so much
simpler, I fit into it, and I can transfer my suspension over to it, and the
turbo should make it a fun car to drive.  Both cars have straight bodies on
them so I don't know what to do.  I figure I can't get too much out of the
scirocco, maybe $2000 if I keep my stuff on there but I'm going to take
every upgrade off of it and transfer those to the rabbit if I do sell it.
Even so the $2000 really isn't that much money so it wouldn't be worth it to
give up the car.  Another thing I was thinking about is maybe insuring it as
a classic but there is the question of how old does the car have to be to do
that and get super cheap insurance on it (20-25 years?) or even not insure
it at all (our state now tows the car and fines you instead just fining
you).  The problem here is that I'm going to try and get into medical school
in 2-3 years so I don't know if I want to just have the car sit around for 7
years.  Its just not pratical.  I suppose it would be nice for a backup
vehicle and would be fun to turn into a project after I get out of school
and start making money (2 liter turbo!!!???).  So my dilema is that its not
worth it to sell it, and its not too practical to let it sit for 7 years
when I'm not sure I'll have a place to keep it.  My moms house has no yard
or driveway (patio home) and my dad may move down to arizona for Harley
Davidson school.   The other thing is that it may be harder to return to the
scirocco world in 7 years.

                            __________________          _-_
Tyler J Pease -- - -- -     \________________|)____.---'---`---.____
Network Administrator -- -               ||    \----._________.----/
Compliance Services Intl. -- -- --       ||     / ,'   `---'
Phone: (253) 272-6345  - - -- -- --    __||_,--'  -._
www.complianceservices.com  --- - --  /___          ||(-
-- - --- -- -- -- -- -- - -- - -- -- -  `---._____-'

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2DE91.1B7398E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D702562718-27022003>Here's my=20
dielema.&nbsp; I will be going back to college this fall and only want =
to keep=20
one vehicle.&nbsp; Currently I'm driving the 84 scirocco daily and I'm =
fixing up=20
an 81 rabbit diesel.&nbsp; Well, as much as I like the scirocco the =
fact is that=20
most of the benefits are leaning towards keeping the rabbit and getting =
rid of=20
the scirocco.&nbsp; Reasons for this are that I fit much better in the =
rabbit,=20
its easier to work on, and the mk2's seem to have some issues with =
build quality=20
(cracking frames).&nbsp; Also, I will be putting a turbo on the diesel =
and even=20
without that, the engine is pretty peppy for intown driving, just the =
freeway=20
speeds are slow.&nbsp; The only benefit with the scirocco is that its =
rare and=20
pretty and I'm attached to it but frankly being 6' 3" with an extra =
2-3" of hair=20
height makes it so I have be pratically laying down to not have my head =
touch=20
the roof.&nbsp; This makes controlling the car kind of tough because =
I'm not in=20
the best position to have any leverage at the wheel.&nbsp; Also, I've =
been=20
running it with no center consol for half a year for much needed leg =
room!&nbsp;=20
Additionally, even though my car's motor was rebuilt and I've put a lot =
of work=20
into it, it still has always had problems with rough idle and running=20
rich.&nbsp;&nbsp;The diesel is so much simpler, I fit into it, and I =
can=20
transfer my suspension over to it, and the turbo should make it =
a&nbsp;fun car=20
to drive.&nbsp;&nbsp;Both cars have straight bodies on them so I don't =
know what=20
to do.&nbsp; I figure I can't get too much out of the scirocco, maybe =
$2000 if I=20
keep my stuff on there but I'm going to take every upgrade off of it =
and=20
transfer those to the rabbit if I do sell it.&nbsp; Even so the $2000 =
really=20
isn't that much money so it wouldn't be worth it to give up the =
car.&nbsp;=20
Another thing I was thinking about is maybe insuring it as a classic =
but there=20
is the question of how old does the car have to be to do that and get =
super=20
cheap insurance on it (20-25 years?) or even not insure it at all (our =
state now=20
tows the car and fines you&nbsp;instead just fining you).&nbsp; The =
problem here=20
is that I'm going to try and get into medical school in 2-3 years so I =
don't=20
know if I want to just have the car sit around for 7 years.&nbsp; Its =
just not=20
pratical.&nbsp; I suppose it would be nice for a backup vehicle and =
would be fun=20
to turn into a project after I get out of school and start making money =
(2 liter=20
turbo!!!???).&nbsp; So my dilema is that its not worth it to sell it, =
and its=20
not too practical to let it sit for 7 years when I'm not sure I'll have =
a place=20
to keep it.&nbsp; My moms house has no yard or driveway (patio home) =
and my dad=20
may move down to arizona for Harley Davidson school.&nbsp;&nbsp; The =
other thing=20
is that it may be harder to return to the scirocco world in 7 =
years.&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DCourier=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
__________________&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
=20
_-_&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;=20
</FONT><BR><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>Tyler J Pease -- - --=20
-&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
\________________|)____.---'---`---.____&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</FONT><BR><FONT=20
face=3DCourier size=3D2>Network Administrator --=20
-&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \----._________.----/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</FONT><BR><FONT=20
face=3DCourier size=3D2>Compliance Services Intl. -- --=20
--&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ||&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /=20
,'&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
`---'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

</FONT><BR><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>Phone: (253) 272-6345&nbsp; - =
- -- --=20
--&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; __||_,--'&nbsp;=20
-._&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT><BR><FONT face=3DCourier =
size=3D2>www.complianceservices.com&nbsp; --- -=20
--&nbsp; /___&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
||(-&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT><BR><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2>-- - --- -- -- -- -- -- - -- - =
-- --=20
-&nbsp;=20
`---._____-'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT>=20
</P>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2DE91.1B7398E0--