battery relocation question

Ok, so if I do recess my battery into the "trunk"(if you call it that) floor
behind the spare, What do I have to do besides cut the slot? Is ther already
a floor there it will sit on or do I have to weld one in? Also, do I have to
create a cover for the hole in order to recreate the structural strength
there? **remeber** this is in an autocross car so flex is a huge issue.

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (autocross ready, 20 days till season opener)
'92 Olds Cutlass Ciera (DD)