( Drilled Airbox?????????)

the 8v uses a 2.5" intake hole to the airbox.
the first mod most do is get a 16v airbox because of
more air flow into air box, I just drill 3 hole
opposite side of the box from the air intake hole at
the air box. this permits the audi5000 TB to SUCK in
more air as it needs it (bigger flaps yanno)

not more horsepower (if there is I would be terribly
surprised it actually made 1 hp ..lol

but since the air flow through the airbox (or INTO the
air box) to the TB through the tubing in place,
(therefore more air flowing versus restricted air flow
from original 8v air box)  then more air is sucked
into the intake and into the piston, this create a
better gas/air mix and therefore more responsiveness
as in , press gas.. and engine jumps into revs. I am
not saying it is a grandiose change, but I have 2 85's
one done this way and one done stock (until last week)
and the one done this way is more "nervous off the
line" than the other one.

besides I like the slight growl it give when I floor
it, and blow by other cars (ask dale witt from san
antonio .. he loved the sound of my car when I floored
it coming out of a curve at 80MPH)...grin

I aint no racer, I just enjoy the drive...

My statements are only that, mine, not based on any
scientific or mechanical data, but personal thoughs
and feelings on how the car react's when I press teh
gas pedal.

I know I can most likely be proven wrong 9/10 times ..
who cares... I like it, and if it robs me of 3HP on a
90HP engine.. so what?

I still haul ass at 115MPH on the Hwy and I still eat
16v Jetta's with it ...Im happy...

--- "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@comcast.net>