burning oil?

--- "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Okay, this is a common debate - whether or not a low temp thermo will
> affect your "final" engine temperature or just cause your engine to take
> longer to warm up.

In normal conditions, of course a colder 'stat will lower your engine temp.  Your system is
designed with plenty of capacity - extra capacity, even - to remove heat from the engine.  The
'stat only ensures that your engine reach a *minimum* temp.  Therefore, in *normal* conditions,
you'll run colder, period.

Now, in hot/heavy load conditions, your engine *may* reach 200*F or so...or even warmer...if it
gets too hot, you are running at the far edge of the envelope, or have a cooling system problem.

AFA the "right" temp, I'm going to try Evans NPG+ coolant.  It'll run at least 225*F.  Better for performance.