coolent lvl sensor

Ok gamng, answer me this.

The coolent lvl sensor on my 16v is leaking (again).  Now the last one I
pulled out was the factory OEM one and I figured after 15 years, the
plastic had given up the ghost.  Now I replaced this part not even 6
months ago and today, my little flashingred LED went off as I started my
morning drive to work.  Made it to work fine, let car cool down and at
lunch time I wnet to check it out.  Pull the connector off the top and
sure enough, there is just enough coolent in there to short the
terminals and make the sensor give a wacky reading.  Is this a normal
16v diesease?  The sensor is pretty cheap so one over 6 months really
wouldn't chap my ass, but still, it doesn't seam right.

Any info, thoughts and name calling welcome.

William Snyder
--
http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)
http://www.techography.net:82/scirocco  (my rocco's site)