got my scirocco and it smells like pee!

>     i recommend only lifting the parts that go under the seats/feet.
> trying
> to yank the entire carpet section will be incredibly painful, as you
> have to remove the a/c handler and get to several clips up behind the
> dash (some of which are behind the a/c handler), which hold the carpet
> in place.

So it has the same foam on one side/tar board on the other side as other
mk1's?
Thankfully I don't have AC on the car, so I won't have the bigger box or
drain tube going through the floor.

So far I have the rear carpet out...no padding underneath...makes me think
its been pulled up before...oh well, removed the interior and scrubbed it
last night...doesn't smell so much like pee anymore, but I think I'll have
to steam clean it just to be sure this doesn't come back to "piss" me off
again.