Slow to rev and 4000 rpm max under load - Ideas to cure?

--0-687634736-1045595615=:83025

Hi chaps

My car has a problem

Basically she revs very slowly and runs out at 4000 - 4200 under load. Just kinda dies as if its hit a jelly wall!!

The engine just went back in after a 3 month rebuild with a lightened flywheel and gas flowed head and new head gasket etc. I was expecting a faster pick up not a slower one!

Now - the timing appears spot on and i have had that professionally checked. The mixture has been adjusted to correct. I have spark, i have air, i have fuel, i have compression - 15 bar for each cylinder. She idles beautifully but i think im getting combustion gases in my water as the pressure in the cooling system is vast!!

and it will rev to 6800 when at a standstill!!!!

Any ideas?

My thoughts are

1) Main and or lift pump and or fuel filter

2) Vacuum loss

3) Timing

Car is 91 Scirocco 1.8 running k-jet (CIS) no cat, flowed and skimmed head, 3kg flywheel, stock cam (G-grind)

Andy Holmes

91 Scirocco Scala Inj
83 Jetta 2.1

---------------------------------

--0-687634736-1045595615=:83025

<P>Hi chaps</P>
<P>My car has a problem</P>
<P>Basically she revs very slowly and runs out at 4000 - 4200 under load. Just kinda dies as if its hit a jelly wall!!</P>
<P>The engine just went back in after a 3 month rebuild with a lightened flywheel and gas flowed head and new head gasket etc. I was expecting a faster pick up not a slower one!</P>
<P>Now - the timing appears spot on and i have had that professionally checked. The mixture has been adjusted to correct. I have spark, i have air, i have fuel, i have compression - 15 bar for each cylinder. She idles beautifully but i think im getting combustion gases in my water as the pressure in the cooling system is vast!!</P>
<P>and it will rev to 6800 when at a standstill!!!!</P>
<P>Any ideas?</P>
<P>My thoughts are</P>
<P>1) Main and or lift pump and or fuel filter</P>
<P>2) Vacuum loss</P>
<P>3) Timing</P>
<P>Car is 91 Scirocco 1.8 running k-jet (CIS) no cat, flowed and skimmed head, 3kg flywheel, stock cam (G-grind)</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>