Forced Induction ?: X-Flow versus JH head

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I've got that issue of EC sitting comfortably on my lap right now, here goes the whole solid lifter x-flow thingy:</P></DIV>
<P>"Collin discovered by accident that valves from a BMW sohc inline six (E30 era) are slightly longer but otherwise interchangeable. They can convert a cross flow engine to solid lifters if used with rabbit buckets and shims. The price is comparable to the vw parts, but the shape of the valve better. The BMW 325E esed the same 40/33 diameters, while the 325i provides a 42/36 upgrade."</P></DIV>
<P>I've been considering this as a n/a head for my upcoming aba swap but I'm sure the cost of BMW valves, especialy with the larger seats, would be nasty.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Anson<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>--- "Scott F. Williams" <SFWILLIAMS@COMCAST.NET>wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Mark, how much work/cost did this conversion entail?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If you're referring to the solid lifter stuff in the x-flow, the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;article only mentioned it briefly - but they made it sound like it's
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;easily swapped, as in "drop in"... I'm pissed that I sold my crossflow
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;head that I had left over after my 2.0 ABA swap - I've got some crazy
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ideas for that head now... Anyone got a x-flow head they could measure
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the lifter bore dia.?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>