16v 2.0l engine, N/A stats??

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C2D6B6.7F848B60

If converting to a water pump driven by an electric motor would save =
power in a street car, the engineers would have converted years ago.  =
They'd kill their own grandmother to save one mpg across the fleet.
 It's an interesting idea that won't give satisfactory results.

Larry

  > P.S. My latest mods are/will be an electrically-driven water pump,
  > electrically drive power steering pump, and a kill circuit that
  > switches the
  > alternator off at wide open throttle. This should free up *several* =
hp.
  > Yeehah!"
  >
  > --

  So when you jam the throttle, the alternator cuts out freeing 5-10 hp? =
 Then
  since there's no alternator the car's voltage drops from 14.4V to =
12.2V.
  All those fancy new electrical pumps will run much nicer at 14V than =
at 12V,
  not to mention your ignition circuit.  Try taking your car for a rip =
without
  the alternator plugged in.  It defenately will be slower due to less =
voltage
  reaching the coil, transferring into less voltage out of the coil, =
less
  voltage to the sparkplug, less powerful spark!  Its a good idea put =
unless
  I'm missing something I would reconsider.

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C2D6B6.7F848B60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If converting to a water pump driven by =
an electric=20
motor would save power in a street car, the engineers would have =
converted years=20
ago.&nbsp; They'd kill their own grandmother to save one mpg across the=20
fleet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;It's an interesting idea that =
won't&nbsp;give=20
satisfactory results.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Larry</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><BR>&gt; P.S. My latest mods are/will be an=20
  electrically-driven water pump,<BR>&gt; electrically drive power =
steering=20
  pump, and a kill circuit that<BR>&gt; switches the<BR>&gt; alternator =
off at=20
  wide open throttle. This should free up *several* hp.<BR>&gt;=20
  Yeehah!"<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; --<BR><BR><BR>So when you jam the throttle, =
the=20
  alternator cuts out freeing 5-10 hp?&nbsp; Then<BR>since there's no =
alternator=20
  the car's voltage drops from 14.4V to 12.2V.<BR>All those fancy new =
electrical=20
  pumps will run much nicer at 14V than at 12V,<BR>not to mention your =
ignition=20
  circuit.&nbsp; Try taking your car for a rip without<BR>the alternator =
plugged=20
  in.&nbsp; It defenately will be slower due to less voltage<BR>reaching =
the=20
  coil, transferring into less voltage out of the coil, less<BR>voltage =
to the=20
  sparkplug, less powerful spark!&nbsp; Its a good idea put =
unless<BR>I'm=20
  missing something I would=20
  =
>Scirocco-l=20
  mailing list<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>Scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A><BR><A=
=20
  =
href=3D"http://neubayern.net/mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l";>http://neubayer=
n.net/mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l</A><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C2D6B6.7F848B60--