From: "Marc Getty" <marc@getty.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 5:47 PM
Subject: [OT Humor] You know you are a VW nut if...

your 4 year old gets a "time out" for slamming the door too hard.
your 15 year old gets a "serious talking to" when she slams the trunk
lid too hard.
you pull up to a 5.0 in your stock 8v and think "i SO got you off the
line".
for a time, you seriously considered changing your name to Victor
Wilson...for obvious reasons.
you know exactly what A3, MK3, B5, GTi and GLi means...
you try to use those abbreviations in everyday conversation as much as
possible.
while camping, someone says "i hate bugs", and you feel compelled to
give them a lesson in the beauty of german engineering.
while looking at the price of a Ferarri, you think "hmmm, i could get
FOUR vw's for that much!"
you think "v-tec" is one of those dirty four letter words.
you consider a VW Thing one of the most beautiful cars ever made. you
have VW parts in all four of your bedroom closets
you have a poster, photo, or picture of a VW in each room of your
house
you have a basement and garage full of VW parts many of which you do
not even know you have
you have so many VWs that you cannot keep them all in one place
you start naming your children and pets after the names of VW models
you start calling your VWs by name
you spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to fit three of your
VWs in your two car garage
you think seriously about knocking down the rec room wall in your
house so you can park two more of your VWs inside the house You always
buy whatever is in a vending machine under your chassis number.

-Marc

'87 Tornado Red 16v Bogged Scirocco @ 235K miles
http://getty.net/scirocco/
'02 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe -
http://getty.net/c230k/
    in Heliodongrün (Citron Green) took European Delivery in May 2002,
    state-side delivery on July 19, 2002, currently at 18,600 miles