OT: IRAQ delete now!

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2D23E.223CD6B4

Maintain CIA's Independence
by James Bamford
USA Today, Oct. 24, 2002

As the White House searches for every possible excuse to go to war with
Iraq, pressure has been building on the intelligence agencies to
deliberately slant estimates to fit a political agenda. In this case, the
agencies are being pressed to find a casus belli for war, whether or not one
exists.

"Basically, cooked information is working its way into high-level
pronouncements, and there's a lot of unhappiness about it in intelligence,
especially among analysts at the CIA," Vince Cannistraro, the agency's
former head of counterterrorism, told The Guardian, a London newspaper.

Some in Congress worry about the schizophrenic view of Iraq they hear
described by members of the administration. On the one hand, there are the
breathless public pronouncements by the White House that Iraq appears on the
verge of attacking the United States with horrendous weapons of mass
destruction. But in secret sessions, the CIA apparently expresses the
opposite view - that Iraq, while worrisome, is largely contained and poses
no direct or immediate threat to the country.

A noteworthy source?  Nah. I am sure Vince Cannistraro is some whimpering
bleeding heart liberal eh?  Meze read up on this guy(Vince) he is real
right?

Joshua C.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2D23E.223CD6B4

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4922.900" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><B>Maintain CIA's Independence</B><BR>by James Bamford<BR><I>USA Today</I>,
Oct. 24, 2002
<P>As the White House searches for every possible excuse to go to war with Iraq,
pressure has been building on the intelligence agencies to deliberately slant
estimates to fit a political agenda. In this case, the agencies are being
pressed to find a casus belli for war, whether or not one exists.
<P>"Basically, cooked information is working its way into high-level
pronouncements, and there's a lot of unhappiness about it in intelligence,
especially among analysts at the CIA," Vince Cannistraro, the agency's former
head of counterterrorism, told <I>The Guardian</I>, a London newspaper.
<P>Some in Congress worry about the schizophrenic view of Iraq they hear
described by members of the administration. On the one hand, there are the
breathless public pronouncements by the White House that Iraq appears on the
verge of attacking the United States with horrendous weapons of mass
destruction. But in secret sessions, the CIA apparently expresses the opposite
view &#8212; that Iraq, while worrisome, is largely contained and poses no direct or
immediate threat to the country<FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT
size=2><SPAN class=750412602-12022003>.&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN
class=750412602-12022003>&nbsp;</SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=2><SPAN
class=750412602-12022003></SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2><SPAN class=750412602-12022003>A noteworthy
source?&nbsp; Nah. I am sure Vince Cannistraro is some whimpering bleeding heart
liberal eh?&nbsp; Meze read up on this guy(Vince) he is real
right?</SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2><SPAN
class=750412602-12022003></SPAN></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2><SPAN class=750412602-12022003>Joshua
C.</SPAN></FONT></FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2D23E.223CD6B4--