twin - possibility of a2 subframes?

ok, i've been uneducated in the past when o-so many listers have told me to
use an a2 subframe in the twin. the events from this past weekend (clutch
release arm finger snapped on the jetta, much thanks to Ron for the tech
assist), have given me some more insight as to just how the a2 subframe is
laid out. enough insight to possibly justify using a2 subframes (yes, 2) on
the twin.

pros:
- simpler tubular subframe design in area of engines (fewer tie points,
slightly less weight as well)
- future engine upgrades possible (twin vr6 anyone?)
- can possibly use newer hubs that hold larger bearings
- simpler removal/install of engines for rebuild

cons:
- many parts are not on hand (would need 2 sets of all mounts, mount
brackets, subframes, power steering racks, suspension arms, hubs, etc)
- expense of engine mounts (possibility of molding/making urethane mounts
from broken old a2 mounts in-house?)
- possible net weight increase in the end (due to added weight of subframes)

so, guys/gals, what should i do? stick with a1 style (cheaper, but more
intrusive/complex subframe), or go with a2 (making the subframe simpler, but
adding expense)???