  From: Tony Morehead=20
  To: list=20
  Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 12:27 PM
  Subject: help again, cis-e crap again

  if i am driving down the road, and i push in the clutch (like to slow =
down) the rpms drop to about 1500 and wait for a second (if the car was =
at 3k or higher when i push the clutch it jumps up about 100 rpms then =
drops, and no it isnt because im still on the gas), then very slowly =
fall until about 500 rpms.  this dropping takes about 15-20 seconds and =
the car tries to idle at 500 without coming back up.  these observations =
are when the car is warm.  i am almost certain that my fuel mixture is =
not right (last time i tried to check it the multimeter stayed at zero).

  also, many people have said that the car is supposed to be able to =
adjust the idle and the mixture on its own when the engine is cold, but =
i dont think my car got that memo.  turning the screw on the tb =
definately makes a difference, though i have been told that it should =
have no effect.  i am starting to dislike working on my own car, but =
since i have no money to pay anyone else to fix it i might just park it =
and drive my mom's station wagon.

  -tony

  1987 2 or 3 tone 16v scirocco

------=_NextPart_000_0161_01C2D124.736EBC20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; my guess is bad o2 =
sensor or=20
possibly bad temp sender. it appears your system is lowering dpr current =
to the=20
point of (almost) killing the engine. the rate of speed change seems =
consistent=20
with how the computer changes dpr current when entering idle =
mode.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; when you checked =
your dpr=20
current, it was at 0, i assume this was with the idle sitting at 500 =
rpm. dpr=20
current at 0 mA is another likely indicator of bad o2 or bad temp=20
sender.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>check o2 sensor voltage at idle (green =
wire=20
(+),&nbsp;ground (-)), voltage should be ~.5 VDC.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; as far as the idle =
screw, yes,=20
it will have a difference, but there should be a couple of turns where =
the idle=20
'sticks' at the correct value. going too high or too low takes the =
airflow out=20
of the range that the ISV can compensate for, resulting in your idle=20
changing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hth</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dwolfsburg16v2k2@yahoo.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:wolfsburg16v2k2@yahoo.com";>Tony Morehead</A> </DIV>
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>list</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, February 10, 2003 =
12:27=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> help again, cis-e crap =

  again</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>if i am driving down the road, and i push in the clutch (like to =
slow down)=20
  the rpms drop to about 1500 and wait for a second (if the car was at =
3k or=20
  higher when i push the clutch&nbsp;it jumps up about 100 rpms then =
drops, and=20
  no it isnt because im still on the gas), then very slowly fall until =
about 500=20
  rpms.&nbsp; this dropping takes about 15-20 seconds and the car tries =
to idle=20
  at 500 without coming back up.&nbsp; these observations are when the =
car is=20
  warm.&nbsp; i am almost certain that my fuel mixture is not right =
(last time i=20
  tried to check it the multimeter stayed at zero).</P>
  <P>also, many people have said that the car is supposed to be able to =
adjust=20
  the idle and the mixture on its own when the engine is cold, but i =
dont think=20
  my car got that memo.&nbsp; turning the screw on the tb definately =
makes a=20
  difference, though i have been told that it should have no =
effect.&nbsp; i am=20
  starting to dislike working on my own car, but since i have no money =
to pay=20
  anyone else to fix it i might just park it and drive my mom's station=20
  wagon.</P>
  <P>-tony</P><BR><BR>1987 2 or 3 tone 16v scirocco
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =