WTB: original VW am/fm cassette radio for MK1 Scirocco (if there is one)

Hi list,

The Scirocco I have has an original factory am/fm radio with no tape player.
The sound quality is very good for a radio, but I'd really like to be able to
play tapes, so I was wondering if anyone had a factory cassette deck they'd
like to be rid of. Was this an option for '81 Sciroccos? I just don't want to
go the aftermarket route and make a dreadful mess of the wiring, etc. Plus
the annoyance of installing rear speakers. (Where would I? the piece of
cardboard that covers the hatch compartment is missing, and I don't really
wanna cut metal). I know they do make 2-channel aftermarket tape players
(good old Rampage, for example) but, well, I thought I'd ask around first. CD
players would skip too darn much in this bumpy little diesel :)

Thanks,
Courtney