Sunroof questions

Jon Palm apparently has a Golf II slide only sunroof that he installed
in his Scirocco. So, it seems it will mechanically fit.
The mechanism is way simpler than the Scirocco sunroof and considering
that the more delicate parts of the Scirocco sunroof are no longer
available it seems like a real good solution if your parts are busted.
At least that's the plan for my nephew's Scirocco.
Dan