Oddball Scirocco

Last week when Josh was out to pick up my cams, we figured or have assumed
that I have an oddball Scirocco.  Or maybe we're just dreaming.  But the two
differences that stick out the most are the 9th digit in my VIN are X and
rather than the hand cranked moon roof it would seem I have a Factory
installed flip-up sun roof with sun screens.  Has anyone else come across
any of this?  From what I can tell I have a early or mid year production 88
16V.  I ran a CARFAX tonight and everything came up clean back to 1990.  I
tried VOA to no avail,  Anyone have any idea's?  If it is something
not-of-the-norm I guess I'm lucky I didn't strip out everything.

Erik
88 16V Scirocco
88 Golf (Urban Insult Vehichle)