Fw: Ignition Gremlins

I just had to sort out a problem like that with my car.....82' 1.7

I got power to everything and I could jump my starter to get the car
running, when I tried to start it with the key, nothing happened for about
five seconds then my relay would start clicking but that's it.  I traced the
problem to a corroded terminal..... the wire from the starter that runs
inside to the relay has an extra splice in it(factory conector, I dunno why
it's there) and it was corroded to shit.....
starts fine now!! lol

oh, and if anybody is using crappy ol' us spec headlights....I strongly
recomend cleaning all the connectors and changing if they're really
gross....swapped mine today(cuz a wire broke, love the gay wiring) and the
difference is amazing!!!!
Also tomorrow's job, after the wire broke I had to butcher the wires on the
light for a couple of days until I could do it right, when I did this my
highbeam on the drivers side stopped working. I had left a wire off (didn't
see it, lol). So today I picked up the connectors, some di-electric grease
and what not. And put the connector on wired the same as the pass.
side......still no highbeam I couldn't firgure out why and had to go to
work.......
My freind told me that his jetta has seperate fuses for left and right high
beams, i've never heard of this before, but I'm gonna check them tomorrow
any ideas??

TIA
   George

by the way, I have the oldskool ugly ass fuses, little plastic
tubes......and sorry for the spelling/gramer lol errors