h&r: cups v. coilovers?

i'll start with the question first:
what's the difference in terms of ride between h&r cup kit and the
coilovers. i loved the ride and feel of cathy's coilovers, but i really
don't need the "coilover" part; i just want to duplicate the handling
characteristics, if possible.

why i want to know:

my front end has become very bouncy on the pass side--feels like a blown
shock.  i'm thinking of upgrading, as i'm not happy with the setup on there
now.  i'm currently running shine springs/rear bar with bilstein sports. my
old car had the same setup, but with boge progas.  current setup doesn't
feel nearly as precise, and for some reason seems mushier. even my
passengers notice (they call it "comfortable" though).
rather than swap old parts again, i figure it's time to upgrade. there's
probably other stuff that needs replacing there anyway; i might as well
replace tie rod ends, ball joints, and strut bearings (where can i get those
bug pack ones?) while i'm in there. anything else? the a-arms have poly
bushings that appear to be in good shape. thanks,

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, prelim web site, but not taking orders
yet: www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...